Sunday, January 4, 2009

After a careful observation...

I think duck hunters are crazier than people who ride their bikes in the winter! Oldest son Delley convinced me to go out with him to see what it's all about & exactly why he gets up at 5:00 am to do this, not sure I'm ready to take this on every day like he does but it was fun & a learning experience for me as I've never duck hunted in my life so it's kind of neat to have a young pup try to teach an old dog a new trick.


Throwing the decoys out AFTER you break all the ice & float it downstream so you have an opening in the water.
The spread is out, looks good, time to hunt! Tate keeping a sharp eye out on the ice flow & the ducks coming, he actually heard them approaching in the air long before we ever noticed them.
Come on Delley, let's get some ducks coming our way, CRANK on that call!


We didn't get any today in spite of having some fly over our spread, was 20 degrees out as we were wading in the water & playing with the ice, fun time & some good memories made, think I'll go ride a bike now & ponder this duck hunting a little more!











No comments: